- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp baking soda
- 10-12 drops peppermint essential oil
Sugar scrubs are so cool! They are very gentle, and are quite hydrating to the skin, than compared to, say, salt scrubs. And they make a great exfoliant, which means bye bye old, dull, dead skin cells, and hello healthy, glowing skin! ❤️
Now, obviously you can buy scrubs from the store for a few bucks. They’d either be filled with nasty chemical preservatives, or the “all natural” ones be ridiculously pricey for no reason whatsoever. And there is seriously no point in buying them when you can make your own, customizable to your preference, in under a minute, for a fraction of the cost!
- 1/2 cup Sugar (8 tbsp)
- 1/8 cup Coconut oil (2 tbsp)*
- 7-8 drops Peppermint essential oil**
- Air tight container of choice
*Substitute with any other carrier oil if you’d like, olive, almond, jojoba, anything would do.
**Substitute with any other essential oil for a whole different scrub, or mix and match, and use more than one, like rose, lemon, lavender, etc!
PS. Stay tuned for many more simple DIYs, and subscribe for new posts straight in your inbox, if you haven’t already, so that you don’t miss out on anything! 📥
I made a Blueberry Cheesecake the other day, and I figured hmmm, why not make a chocolate cheesecake, most people around me are major fans of chocolate anyway. So I prepped the ingredients, for the cheese layer, that is kept the cashews for soaking, kept the coconut cream in the fridge to firm up and made a lovely date paste.
But when it was time for me to actually make it, I absolutely had no interest in doing the base layer for the cheesecake. So I directly jumped into making the chocolate cheese layer, which, judging from the title, you’ve already figured, ended up being a thick, decadent and creamy melt in your mouth Chocolate Mousse!
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1 can coconut cream (not milk)
- 1 bar Lindt 70% dark choc, melted
- 1 tbsp date paste (you’d like more, I don’t have that big of a sweet tooth when it comes to desserts)
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- A little dash of cinnamon
- Topped off with pistachio dust (ground pistachios).
Now all you’ve gotta do is blend until it is completely smooth and creamy, pour into your serving dishes of choice and let it set overnight.💤
PS. Stay tuned for many more simple recipes, and subscribe for new posts straight in your inbox, if you haven’t already, so that you don’t miss out on anything! 📥
Why make a DIY moisturizer when you can just purchase one from the store, you ask? Well my answer is if you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin. As simple as that. The reason being the skin is our largest organ, and it absorbs whatever we put on it. 🚫
Now pick up the store bought moisturizer bottle and read the ingredients label on it. More than half of that long list is of things you can neither pronounce, nor have ever heard of. So who in their right mind would want to put something like that on their precious skin? Not anyone that genuinely cares for their skin, for sure! 💥
So, no store bought moisturizer. Then what do we use? Obviously, you make your own, just takes a couple of minutes to whip one together anyway!💨
- 2 tbsp cosmetic aloevera gel
- 1/2 tsp almond oil
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp jojoba oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops citronella essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
- A bowl and spoon/spatula to mix
- Some elbow grease (you’ve gotta emulsify it, remember?!) 💪
- The above mentioned oils are just the ones I personally prefer using. You can use just one oil, or two, or a combination like I did, whatever works for you. Just make sure to get two teaspoons of a carrier oil and 6 drops of any essential oil you prefer.
- You need to use cosmetic aloe gel just because it has an emulsifier in it already, something fresh aloevera gel doesn’t have, which is why fresh can’t be used to make this DIY.
- Add all of the aloevera gel into the bowl along with half of the oils (not essential).
- Mix vigorously until it forms and emulsion. Should be white in color. 🌪
- Add the remaining oils and continue mixing, until it is well incorporated.
- Add the rest of the essential oils, mix, and your moisturizer is complete! 🏁
This DIY will leave your skin so soft and supple, your only regret will be not ditching store bought ones earlier!
If you haven’t already, check out my DIY Antiperspirant recipie. Also, Subscribe to receive more of these kind of posts directly in your inbox! 📥
The first question that comes to anyone’s mind is why make your own antiperspirant when you can just buy one from the store for a few bucks? Right❓
With all the information out there regarding the scary things they put in deodorants which causes cancer and what not, the only thing in my head was, who in their right mind would actually even want to touch, forget go and buy store bought chemical loaded antiperspirants when knowing how harmful it is for us? Not me! 🚫
Now this post isn’t to give any scientific explanation and evidence about this whole deal, you can read about it everywhere on the internet, so let’s just move on with the recipe, shall we? 🏃
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
3 tablespoons of baking soda
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
A few drops of essential oils of choice (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil if it is solid
- Mix the ingredients into a stiff paste
- Spoon the mixture into your bottle of choice, it could be a glass jar, an empty deodorant bottle, anything you prefer.
- Cool in the fridge until it is firm and apply as usual!
How easy was that?? No chemicals, an all natural deodorant within minutes! The baking soda helps keep the bacteria in your pits at bay, the cornstarch absorbs the sweat and the coconut oil keeps the skin soft, supple and moisturized. Oh and coconut oil is anti bacterial too! Awesome, isn’t it? 💫
Now you can always adjust the amounts to the concistency you desire, hence, if you want it more runny, use more Coconut oil, more stiff, use more cornstarch. And if you feel like you need more protection from those bacteria guys, use more baking soda and you will be good to go! ✨
Each one of our requirements are different, so play around with the measurements until you reach your perfect spot! Trust me guys, the chemical loaded ones do more harm than good, don’t even go near those dangerous things! ❎
I hope you give making your own antiperspirant a try! Take care! 👋