Why make a DIY moisturizer when you can just purchase one from the store, you ask? Well my answer is if you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin. As simple as that. The reason being the skin is our largest organ, and it absorbs whatever we put on it. 🚫
Now pick up the store bought moisturizer bottle and read the ingredients label on it. More than half of that long list is of things you can neither pronounce, nor have ever heard of. So who in their right mind would want to put something like that on their precious skin? Not anyone that genuinely cares for their skin, for sure! 💥
So, no store bought moisturizer. Then what do we use? Obviously, you make your own, just takes a couple of minutes to whip one together anyway!💨
- 2 tbsp cosmetic aloevera gel
- 1/2 tsp almond oil
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp jojoba oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops citronella essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
- A bowl and spoon/spatula to mix
- Some elbow grease (you’ve gotta emulsify it, remember?!) 💪
- The above mentioned oils are just the ones I personally prefer using. You can use just one oil, or two, or a combination like I did, whatever works for you. Just make sure to get two teaspoons of a carrier oil and 6 drops of any essential oil you prefer.
- You need to use cosmetic aloe gel just because it has an emulsifier in it already, something fresh aloevera gel doesn’t have, which is why fresh can’t be used to make this DIY.
- Add all of the aloevera gel into the bowl along with half of the oils (not essential).
- Mix vigorously until it forms and emulsion. Should be white in color. 🌪
- Add the remaining oils and continue mixing, until it is well incorporated.
- Add the rest of the essential oils, mix, and your moisturizer is complete! 🏁
This DIY will leave your skin so soft and supple, your only regret will be not ditching store bought ones earlier!
If you haven’t already, check out my DIY Antiperspirant recipie. Also, Subscribe to receive more of these kind of posts directly in your inbox! 📥